• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Clownfish help

So I don't know what's going on. My clown is acting weirder than normal. There's no spots, no slime coat issues. No hazy eyes. She's usually my most aggressive fish when it comes to feeding. It's almost as if she can't see the food. I lost the smaller of the 2 a few days ago. I saw frayed fins on the other and thought it was aggression by the female. But now she's acting weird too.
It's a QT. Nothing added. I'm at about 67 days of QT.
No ammonia or nitrites. Salinity and temp stable at 1.024 and 79.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Sounds like a disease called pop-eye. Pop-eye is caused by a parasite, like ick or in the same family. If it is, you need to QT any immediately if there are any that don't have symptoms. If it is Pop-eye you need to treat with antibiotics ASAP!!!

Sounds like a disease called pop-eye. Pop-eye is caused by a parasite, like ick or in the same family. If it is, you need to QT any immediately if there are any that don't have symptoms. If it is Pop-eye you need to treat with antibiotics ASAP!!!
This is in a QT tank. The fish eyes looked normal. Unfortunately, it passed last night. I did treat with general cure binded with focus to food.