• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

clownfish issue with frogspawn

my clown has taken a liken to my frogspawn and has hosted in it for some time now. although even though it loves it, the stinging of the frogspawn seems to be irritating its skin a little. i know that it is the frogspawn because he primarily hangs below the frogspawn and only the top of him typically touches it, and the irritation is primarily on the top of him, where he touches the frogspawn.

is this something he will get used to as he gets older, or am i going to have to remove the frogspawn. i dont really want to get rid of the frogspawn, but i also dont want it hurting my clown

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
When our clowns hosted our frogspawn they got little black dots on them in the form of skin irritation. We just kept feeding them garlic and Vitamin C to keep them healthy. Eventually they showed no more irritation but we took the frogspawn out and switched it for an anem which they hosted right away.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
We feed rods as well, just put some garlic and vitamin c in with it. Just keep an eye on them and make sure it doesn't get worse. There are people who have kept clowns and frogspawn together for a long time with no problems. We just wanted an anem and figured if they had the hosting behavior the switch would be easy.

rodclement

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
hey youpey,

I have some garlic flakes you are welcomed to if you want, fish love them and they do help in overall health. PM me if you'd like some.

rod

hey rod
i have to go to the fish store sometime this week. i will see if i can find some. what brand do you use that they really like