• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Clownfish-sick or attacked?

Eating well, behavior fine, but this guy looks beat up. Advice for care?

No change to fish stock in about two years. The flame angel has been acting feisty lately so if I had to guess an aggressor that would be the one.

Attachments

• 03A774B9-4935-4FBB-B158-C58A2577FBD6.png
    03A774B9-4935-4FBB-B158-C58A2577FBD6.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 8
  • 43A49FF1-2AEE-40AF-B47E-2E8CF581D13C.png
    43A49FF1-2AEE-40AF-B47E-2E8CF581D13C.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 8

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Looks like popeye. Can be from being attacked or other underlying reasons. You can watch it to see if it progresses or gets worse. You can treat with Metafix Or Primafix if needed.

NOTE: I have Imaginarium bacterial fungal medicine if you need it.

eholceker

NJRC Member
Is it just the one eye? If so the first thing I would do is dose epsom salt directly into the tank. Dose is 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons. Repeat the dose a second time after 1 day. If no improvement mix kanaplex and focus into a medicated food and feed for 7 to 10 days.

Is it just the one eye? If so the first thing I would do is dose epsom salt directly into the tank. Dose is 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons. Repeat the dose a second time after 1 day. If no improvement mix kanaplex and focus into a medicated food and feed for 7 to 10 days.

Yes, just one eye. All reef safe?

Looks like popeye. Can be from being attacked or other underlying reasons. You can watch it to see if it progresses or gets worse. You can treat with Metafix Or Primafix if needed.

NOTE: I have Imaginarium bacterial fungal medicine if you need it.

Thanks. I’m always hesitant to treat with anything because of the coral. I’ll monitor and look into these options.
Luckily for now she’s acting normal and eating very well so I’m content to monitor.

eholceker

NJRC Member
Yes, Epsom Salt is 100% reef safe. It's basically magnesium. Just make sure it it's the regular version and not a scented one. Feeding antibiotics is also reef safe if you mix it with focus.