• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Clownfish Spawning

my clownfish are spawning. i dont know how or why. i dont even take good care of that tank (its my 15g nano) and i only feed them once a day if i remember. but anywho i noticed yesterday because i was actually going to treat the tank for copper. not that they have ich or anything but i wanted to eliminate ich from al tanks in the house for cross contamination purposes.

so, a lfs has brine eggs i can pick up today, but i dont think they will hatch in time and i think i may need rotifers or something smaller first. does anyone have some food for these guys when they get here?

im going to walmart today to pick up some small bowls and pumps/airstones. im also picking up the brine eggs. i have a few smaller preset heaters so i think im good with that.

the eggs are on a clay pot so i'll just move it over when i see the eyes. anything else i should know?

Let me know when they grow, I'm always interested in more clowns!

Absolutely. Hopefully I don't screw the pooch. I picked up a couple things today but idk if they will eat brine right away. I do have a 10 gallon but probably too big I'm guessing. Anyway they are true percula, so they don't get big but they can be mean.

15876852209781759533661897537643.jpg

Rotifers are needed for the first feedings. And photo for the rotifers. Then they move up to something else. I think brine is one of the last things.

Yeah I suspected this.
Any place local I can get this? I'm in forked river. Have a feeling ordering online isn't going to work.

How long do you have until they start hatching? I’ve searched online and cant find anyplace in NJ that sells them live, only bottled or frozen. There are a few online sellers of live, but they way shipping is now I don’t know if there is enough time. I wish I could be of more help.

I'm going to order something. Not sure I'll get it in time.

Maybe I can have some frozen cyclops or rotifers on hand. I just noticed the eggs 1 or 2 days ago so no idea when they will hatch

OK. im not going to keep going nuts here. I made a lot of calls, talked to a bunch of people. I did a few things and we'll see what happens.

I bought a 2 gallon glass jar, a 1 gallon fish bowl, brine eggs, sponge filter and hakari first bites. I'll buy a rotifer culture and start those if they spawn again.

Not too many eggs really. Haven't changed the water in this tank in a few weeks. Was doing it every week.
15877566463476694293424397757193.jpg

Filling this thing with RODI now
15877567342005248619668211098049.jpg

This is the filter I picked up at a lfs. Pretty cool they had it. It's a sponge with a tiny canister for bio-media.
15877566202942427103090170678669.jpg

Hopefully they will eat this...
15877566333143604152115067036955.jpg