• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Club emergency donation thought

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I just finished making a donation to relief efforts post hurricaine and it got me thinking.
Carla and I lost everything in Sandy, and we were hotel nomads for the two years following. Still, we had food, water, and knew where our families were.
I cant image what those people in the Bahamas and parts of the Carolinas are going through right now.

I know NJRC used to make charitable donations to groups that support ocean life.
If we still do this, it might be nice to hit the humanitarian end and make the odd exceptions of donations for search and rescue, food, and medical relief to catastrophe victims.

The International Medical Corps, Red Cross, Mercy Corps, and Americares are all examples of 501(c)(3) groups, have people on the ground, and use 100% of doantions for relief efforts.

Just a thought.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
that's an awesome idea. count me in. I love the bahamas !! I lost my 110g full sps tank when sandy hit. I'm lucky that's all I lost. I know lots of people who lost a LOT more. :(