• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Club sponsored - Group Buy. Attempt 1

1st group buy

• Salt

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Livestock / Coral

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Misc reef stuff (premium , champion)

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Hey guys. The BOD is trying to bring back this awesome membership perk. To that effect I want to hear from you the people what would like to see done first.

Lots of planning to do on this. But wanted to get a feel of what you like.

We have a very delicate relationship with the vendors due to prior poor performance so we need to thread lightly. So We need to do this a little different.

We Will accumulate orders internally first. Once it reaches a specific dollar amount we will then reach out to a vendor. But we must have at least 2-3k in orders (or 100s qty) to make it worth their while to give us a substantial discount.

Let’s go guys... get those ideas and votes in

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
@asonitez

Vote first slacker !!!!!

Aquarium plants wouldn be awesome if we had more calcium rx users

Live rock would be a great one for newbies.

And how do you plan on getting your sh*t

Last edited:
If it’s cheap enough I’ll ask the president of NJReefers to ship it to me cuz he loves me so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

julie

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I could really use a great discount on heater. And maybe some other equipment maybe it somebody else would like to do an upgrade so maybe and equipment by would be great. I did cast my vote by the way!

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I feel we should look to our LFS for something like this before looking at on-line stores. I know in the past Aquatic Obsession's gave us great deals on salt, store pick only. If we have enough people maybe we can hit up two LFS, North and South to make it easy for people to get there items.

I feel we should look to our LFS for something like this before looking at on-line stores. I know in the past Aquatic Obsession's gave us great deals on salt, store pick only. If we have enough people maybe we can hit up two LFS, North and South to make it easy for people to get there items.

Tsm corals down here in South Jersey could be interested...

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I'm down for either coral or dry goods. I need another Hydra 26 HD and wondering if we can get a good deal.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
@MadReefer ; Local business is always given priority for live stock and salt buys... it's simply too expensive to ship outside of Phillips and Central pet delivering to the stores. As such, Premium and Champion will be our speciality stuff like ph probes, gfo and other stuff we use that is not readily available in-store

I'm down for either coral or dry goods. I need another Hydra 26 HD and wondering if we can get a good deal.

Unfortunately it is highly doubtful the Hydra would get a discount. All manufacturers that require MAP pricing, none of the stores (Premium, etc) will give a discount on those.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
@MadReefer ; Local business is always given priority for live stock and salt buys... it's simply too expensive to ship outside of Phillips and Central pet delivering to the stores. As such, Premium and Champion will be our speciality stuff like ph probes, gfo and other stuff we use that is not readily available in-store

Glad to hear that. Just saw online stores mentioned initially why I chimed in.

Hey guys. The BOD is trying to bring back this awesome membership perk. To that effect I want to hear from you the people what would like to see done first.

Lots of planning to do on this. But wanted to get a feel of what you like.

We have a very delicate relationship with the vendors due to prior poor performance so we need to thread lightly. So We need to do this a little different.

We Will accumulate orders internally first. Once it reaches a specific dollar amount we will then reach out to a vendor. But we must have at least 2-3k in orders (or 100s qty) to make it worth their while to give us a substantial discount.

Let’s go guys... get those ideas and votes in
Good idea for sure

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Tsm corals down here in South Jersey could be interested...

TSM is more than welcome to participate if they were interested in supporting the club. at the moment they are not a sponsor so we can not include them. If anyone is near TSM and would like to have them reach out to us again. we are always interested in promoting our local fish stores.

jmags080307

SPS Grow Out Winner
Not sure if this would work or be possible. I think it would help if the group buys were set at one point in the year by month and for what. That would help the members possibly plan accordingly. I just bought a 200 gallon box of salt. If i knew it was coming up I would have waited. Just a thought and it may help increase the buy overall.
Jay

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk