• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

CO2 scrubber hookup

So after much thought I decided to try a CO2 scrubber. My ph was dipping down to 7.6 and I wanted to raise it. Already have a line hooked up outside but I guess it wasn’t enough. I found some very helpful videos about running it through the recirculating method which will help the media last longer. I decided to try this to see how it goes. I not only did I recirculate it but I also bought an electric valve to open amd close to the outside air utilizing my Apex to keep ph stable between 8.1 and 8.3. Fingers crossed hope it works. If it were not for people on this forum as well as R2R I would be lost. There are so many helpful people amd I greatly appreciate it. Here are a few pics. It is not currently running yet because I am waiting for a break out box abd float switch for my remote DIY skimmate locker.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 12
Wow not sure if there is any coincidence here but ever since I hooked up my CO2 scrubber to recirculate, my ph shot up. Funny thing is I didn’t even add media yet. Wonder if just by recirculating the outside air it is helping. Just by looking at the graph you can see when I added the scrubber

Attachments

• FD6ADBD2-D203-404B-8228-C32CFDD0D1A8.png
    FD6ADBD2-D203-404B-8228-C32CFDD0D1A8.png
    336.2 KB · Views: 3
Just waiting for my breakout box and then I will install the media to see how much more it goes up will definitely keep you posted but I think just by recirculating it with nothing it raised my pH.