• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Combining a 30g and a 40g

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I have a 75 g I want to get up and running. My original plan was to just move the stock from the 30l and give the tank away along with stand and hood. I have 3 other tanks- the 40b being one of them.4 tanks are just too much for me to handle, so I'm thinking about combining the stock from the 30 and 40 into the 75

The 30 has 2 chromis, 1 Fiji devil, 2 talbot damsels, 1 yellow dottyback, 1 yellow tail blenny and a lawnmower blenny
The 40b has 2 chromis, 1 pink damsel, a pair of neon gobies, a striped blenny, a tailspot blenny, a yellow watchman goby 1 cleaner shrimp and 1 orange banded shrimp

I think most will get along when added at the same time- it's the 2 pairs of chromis and the pink damsel ( fiji devil or talbot damsels combo ) i'm concerned about- I'd gladly give a apir of chromis and the pink damsel away

Thoughts?

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Blue devil will be the problem in my opinion. I think the other damsels will be okay if added at same time.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Blue devil will be the problem in my opinion. I think the other damsels will be okay if added at same time.
The devil is fine with the talbot damsels- it's the pink damsel that's a problem- chased a yellow coris out of the tank- I had 4 chromis in one tank before and they didn't get along- I plan on keeping the devil- the pink can go

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
My blue devil was was a devil. Never bothered with damsels again except clowns.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Talbot and Springer damsels are the exceptions, you can multiples of either and they are neither territorial or aggressive