• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Concept3

Boomer was online at 12:45:07 AM, so was I- I wonder if he ever got that opera program to work....haven't seen him post since last year

Nope, still a no go on Opera now. But I think I had it fixed by doing something in the opinions menu. I'll have to try and fix it again. See below.

I have been gone allot in the last year and working on crap loads of stuff. I'll try to be here more often now. Then there was all my PC problems and losing all crashed totally. Then I PC I was borrowed crashed and lost all. Just got the new one up about a month ago and it had its problems. Sill looks like there may be a RAM problem. And I sunk ~$2,000 for just the tower. It is even liquid cooled :) Then the cooler leaked all over my power supply :mad: The company is refunding all my money and sending me a new mod ver for free :)

Well, Ed it is all good par one issue. I'm running AMD 2.8 quads, 2-2 gigs of OCZ Ram, Asus viedo card with a Ausu mother board, a Cool-it cooler and a NZXT digital fan controller, all tied into to a Cooler Master HAF 932 and running Vista 64 bit.

The issue is I can not run in DDR 1066 very long with out getting a physical memory dump error which to me sounds like bad RAM sticks. The Asus Express gate does not work at all and all are clueless as to why it does not. I runs fine at 800 but even at 800 any attempt's to overclock it even only 5 % and poof black screen and have to take out the MB battery and go back and reset some for the BIOS. I'm also running Raid 0+1 with 4 hard drives. A gamer friend of mine runs his the same way with no issues and no I'm not a gamer at all despite how it appears :) I have zero games. And don't give me any of that update the BIOS crap :) That game friend help me build it and he has built like 20 PC's. Physical memory dump error is almost always a RAM issue and I have more RAM than one knows what to do with. In 1066 it will actually go blue screen PDME at times just surfing a website. At times it may run fine in 1066 for a few hrs. If it does not blue screen then it locks up the monitor (windows) sooner or later in 1066.

Ok, so what button do I push to fix this :lol: Or what magic trick is there for me to do in the BIOS. Or could it just be those RAN sticks are the wrong ones but I do not see that. And those RAM sticks are not new out of the box but a few months old form the gamer. I traded those for some new 2-1 gig LSI sticks

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
Blue Screens have error codes that sometimes help. if you google them or go on microsofts knowlege base. Vista 64 bit is still in the baby stage at best. I bet that was something to do with it.

does your friend with the same set up run vista or is he still using xp if he runs vista with no issues then i would have to say it is the ram..

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Have you tried putting the DRAMs in a different banks. You can usually isolate which chip it is or if you have a bad connector on the mother board.

Bob

Yes he also runs Vista 64 bit. Yes the RAM has been put in different banks, a suggestion by Asus. But we are going to try those new SLI's to see if I get the same. We were going to do that Friday night but he never showed up. Today I was planning on pulling out 1 stick and going back to 1066 to see what happens, then try the other one.

OCZ tells me they want to set up some special BIOS numbers for my PC for these RAM sticks as that could also be the issue. Waiting for there new BIOS t an voltage numbers to run the test. BUT, I think it is a bad stick still. I saw some posts where I'm not the only one with issue and blue screens of death. One guy just dropped his M voltage down and it runs perfect. So, I try that POOOOOOFFF the PC will not even boot up and I have to pull the battery out of the MB to reset it :(