• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Convict Tang with Puffy lips

Has anyone experienced a Tang ( in this case a Convict ) with puffy lips. Almost like he had a shot of collagen. I just recently bought this one 10 days ago along with a Foxface and Bicolor Pseudochromis which are both swimming and eating very well.
The tang was eating and doing well then today I saw his puffy lips and noticed that he is not able to eat because of it.
He is still swimming around but I'm worried that whatever this is will spread to the other fish.
By the way, I have them in a 20g QT with the nitrite @ 0.5, Ammn @ 0, SG 1.25, temp 80F.

I looked it up on the Internet and the only answer out there was from 2007 which said that good water quality would remedy the situation and that it was probably caused by rough treatment upon capture. Either by the container or the nets.

Needless to say, I'm not convinced. I'm including a pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 45