• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Convince me to get rid of my "Nippin'" Flame Angel...please

Well, I often spoke of my pride in the fact that my Flame Angel was a getleman. Always leaving my corals alone and simply minding his own business. Well, I caught him lunchin' on my birdsnest....lil' bas%^ard! So, anyone interested? If so, make me a deal. I am down in Atlantic City and I haven't caught him yet. Ill drive to Aquarium Center but thats about as far as Ill go.

I'm done with angel ever since my Potter snack on all my sps but gl with getting rid of ur flame they're always my favorite dawf

malulu

NJRC Member
i have one like that before...
i then increase feeding frequency and the behavior stopped.
you could try the same, it may worked... just make sure to do more water change due to the heaving feeding... what do you got to lose?

i have one like that before...
i then increase feeding frequency and the behavior stopped.
you could try the same, it may worked... just make sure to do more water change due to the heaving feeding... what do you got to lose?

Just had to get rid of mine 2 weeks ago.. tried the feeding solution to no avail... He just continued to graze on my SPS all day... Little devil child... beautiful fish but theyll get cha

Sorry that I am hijacking this thread a bit... but will they attack zoa's, softies and lps(frogspawn/hammer)? They are definitely beautiful!

I had the same problem a few years ago. I moved the coral colony that was being snacked on and put some macro algae in its place, increased feedings, and moved the algae clip with the nori closer to that spot. He/She stopped nipping in a few days. Just a suggestion! Good luck. I'd make you an offer, but I already have a model citizen coral beauty and the tank aint big enough for both of em!

Well, I often spoke of my pride in the fact that my Flame Angel was a getleman. Always leaving my corals alone and simply minding his own business. Well, I caught him lunchin' on my birdsnest....lil' bas%^ard! So, anyone interested? If so, make me a deal. I am down in Atlantic City and I haven't caught him yet. Ill drive to Aquarium Center but thats about as far as Ill go.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Sorry that I am hijacking this thread a bit... but will they attack zoa's, softies and lps(frogspawn/hammer)? They are definitely beautiful!

I believe the answer to your question is yes. They are not reef safe and some maybe okay others not. So its or miss. I have one and after observing my frogspawn disappearing I assume dit was my clowns nestiing. Now my large hammer lost 2 heads and I have seen the flame hanging around it.

falconut

NJRC Member
I had a flame for a few years then one day he decided to start nipping constantly on a few corals. I had to remove him, cause he wouldn't stop. Everything looks much better now.