• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Cooked my Corals

I was very frustrated after having multiple pests in the tank. Red bugs kept showing up on purchased or traded corals. Decided to take my corals out of the tank to run interceptor in a tub overnight. Well, I guess I wasn't thinking clearly due to frustration, but I put a cover on the tub. Heater inside ran to heat water, but with lid on all heat was trapped. In the morning the house had a very bad smell. Saw the lid on tub, and knew immediately what happened. Tank full of corals bleached/cooked in the process. Tank went into further decline, in part due to change of equilibrium and in large part because I was pretty down about the "event". Been years, and just getting tank back in shape now to accept new reef life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Very sorry to hear this, in the future though you can put the interceptor in your reef tank without issue, I used sentinel on my tank, about the same with an added ingredient, interceptor is better but I couldn't get my hands on it, took care of my bug issue. When your ready for some coral again let me know, I may have a few pieces depending on what you are looking for.

Thanks art. I really appreciate it. I can't remember why I didn't want to dose the tank. Can't recall if I was afraid it would kill something else I wanted. Of course the irony is, I pretty much killed everything in the process.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Theres a chance on killing off your pods, but i didn't have that issue.