• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Coral Decline

So recently ive been noticing a decline in some of my coral colonies that have been doing really well up until i started to notice the change.
first example : i had a large hammer colony aprox 8 or so large heads recently i noticed that on about half of them the polyps have detached from the skeleton and floated off. few happened during a fraging accident but a couple of the others just floated right off the skeleton randomly.. the polyps them selves were healthy and fully extended
example 2: zoa colony lost a few polyps but the remaining ones seem healthy.
i didnt a full water chemistry test and here are the results
ammonia :eek: ppm
nitrate : 0 ppm
nitrite : o ppm
high range ph : 7.8
Calcium 480 ppm
KH/alk : i dont remember the reading but it was in the acceptable range
Mag: 1450 ppm
phosphate : 1 ppm
i couple of other things i tested for was potasium iron and iodine.. i dont remember the readings but they were all in range
The lighting i am using a is a Marine Pro current LED HO on a ramp timer
the tank has a Skimmer as well as canister filter (mainly running Chemi pure Blue)
i cant figure out the cause for the decline i just recently preformed a water change and rearranged the tank in hopes to find better spots for the coral to grow
so far my kenia tree is huge and even sprouting my toad stool is massive i have red mushroom coral thats growing new polyps all over the tank a few green goblin zoas that are spreading green star polyp thats doing well and a pulsing xenia also doing well , not to mention a nice duncan thats double insize and nephalia growing huge .. so some corals doing great others im not sure whats going

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
What's the height of your light from the waters surface?

If its only the 2 corals, it could be a placement issue