• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Coral phases

Anyone else go through phases on which corals you like? I took a trip with a buddy of mine today and found myself looking at favias, zoas and even mushrooms. Mushrooms though?? Really? Thought I was an sps guy? Is it just me or does everyone do this? I'm still a stickhead to the bone but zoas are right there with the sticks now and I'm even getting a taste for lps. Weird

I am the same way. I think most people are. One month for me it's Lps, and the next it's fish. Lately I have been on a milli run.

(I have some really nice high end favias & and high end shrooms)

I'm the same way as well. As you know my tank is a mixed reef now Lol I have almost everything in my tank, SPS, LPS, zoas, shrooms. I like everything lol

I am the same way. I think most people are. One month for me it's Lps, and the next it's fish. Lately I have been on a milli run.

(I have some really nice high end favias & and high end shrooms)
All I read from that is that you have mille frags for me ;)
I'm the same way as well. As you know my tank is a mixed reef now Lol I have almost everything in my tank, SPS, LPS, zoas, shrooms. I like everything lol
Yeah I have a feeling my tank will be like that when I'm back up. weird how we all go through phases. Guess it's like anything else in life lol

falconut

NJRC Member
I know what you guys are talking about. My favorite has always been LPS, like Torches, Hammers, Frogspawn, etc. I just love the way they look and flow in the current, even if they are common. But some times I just love the colors of some of the SPS. So, I have a mixed reef. Need my clams too.

I know what you guys are talking about. My favorite has always been LPS, like Torches, Hammers, Frogspawn, etc. I just love the way they look and flow in the current, even if they are common. But some times I just love the colors of some of the SPS. So, I have a mixed reef. Need my clams too.
Yeah I'm starting to like those more and there are some real cool ones coming out

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I agree our tastes change, and I think it also has to do with what is coming in right now. We just went through a really good run of zoas coming in (and still coming in) and now is seems some really nice mushrooms are coming in. I never had mushrooms, now I have a whole bunch in my frag tank, so I feel you on that. Reef Raft Asia is brining in a ton of really nice SPS right now, so I think we are in the start of a nice little SPS run. Hopefully this will take the "hype" out of the zoa market for a while.

I agree our tastes change, and I think it also has to do with what is coming in right now. We just went through a really good run of zoas coming in (and still coming in) and now is seems some really nice mushrooms are coming in. I never had mushrooms, now I have a whole bunch in my frag tank, so I feel you on that. Reef Raft Asia is brining in a ton of really nice SPS right now, so I think we are in the start of a nice little SPS run. Hopefully this will take the "hype" out of the zoa market for a while.
Yeah I try to stay one behind the hype so I can get things cheaper. I did get caught in this zoa run through.