• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Coris wrasse

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Just got an email that the coris wrasse I ordered won't be in the package :( , Has anyone been to Sealevel recently- do they normally have them in stock- don't want to make the trip just to be disappointed

Salted

NJRC Member
Just got an email that the coris wrasse I ordered won't be in the package :( , Has anyone been to Sealevel recently- do they normally have them in stock- don't want to make the trip just to be disappointed
I was there Sunday and the didn't have any. For a kinda common fish I don't see them at lfs very often. Happy I got one though, nice color and very active. Mine's always out and busy.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I was there Sunday and the didn't have any. For a kinda common fish I don't see them at lfs very often. Happy I got one though, nice color and very active. Mine's always out and busy.
Yes, it's a real eye catcher. Guess I'll have to wait it out

horseplay

NJRC Member
I saw one in Aquarium care center however that's too far for you. This fish is a very active swimmer I think it's too big for any of your tanks.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Liveaquaria info on a red Coris wrasse minimum tank size 125g

yellow coris minimum tank 50g

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Guess I'll find out for myself- my research said a 40g was good- even though I got a refund for it being out of stock, I got it anyway. I have aragonite in that tank as a substrate. I will be taking part of the tank out in order to get a pink damsel out that is harassing all my fish- this is probably a bad idea, but should/ could I add or replace some of the aragonite with finer sand- I read that the coris like to bury themselves at night in the sand

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Was all set to take the tank apart just to get the pink damsel out that was an ass- but first put blockage to all it's points of entry/exit after not seeing the coris for almost a day and first searching the floor and overflow thinking it jumped out- forgetting that they bury themselves when stressed or at night- well they worked it out- the wrasse doesn't takes any crap from the damsel and the damsel has calmed down some- but this coris is a late sleeper- doesn't rise until after noon- I've read that they need to be fed a few times a day- there are pods in the tank and I have more on order, so I've adjusted my feeding time to accommodate it- but is anyone else's coris such a late sleeper

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
How about a Pygme wrasse? You can get a couple

Attachments

• 8B5C06DB-E701-4863-B16A-DCE71B7FD62B.png
    8B5C06DB-E701-4863-B16A-DCE71B7FD62B.png
    5.9 MB · Views: 0