• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Could this be the Problem?

MadReefer

Vice President
Staff member
NJRC Member
Moderator
I pulled this rock out as it looked black in the tank but is covered in slime green. It smelled horrible so I tossed in a bucket with water, vinegar and peroxide. Will see in a week or two and decide to keep or toss.
 

Attachments

  • e42439ee-c92d-41b8-896b-e877eb9fc98f.jpg
    e42439ee-c92d-41b8-896b-e877eb9fc98f.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 2
  • 1e98de50-339b-4a40-9052-715a766b73a4.jpg
    1e98de50-339b-4a40-9052-715a766b73a4.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 2

MadReefer

Vice President
Staff member
NJRC Member
Moderator
I also decided to clean that black foam in the sump. Why did Red sea think this was a good idea as it was a bitch to get all 5 sections out. I ordered another that I can cut to size to make cleaning easier.
These were dirty but not as dirty as I though as I have not cleaned it since the tank was setup in Jan 2027.
 

Attachments

  • b1724828-1b25-4ee6-886b-4b1cf4f46317.jpg
    b1724828-1b25-4ee6-886b-4b1cf4f46317.jpg
    355.7 KB · Views: 1
Top