• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Curing live rock

I'm in the process of curing the live rock NJ tiger gave me so far it's going OK taking longer then I'd hoped but patience is key any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated. And I was wondering does any one have an extra power head I cold borrow until the process is over ? Preferably closer to Monmouth County I'd greatly appreciate the help

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I have a Koralia either K3 or K4.....more than enough flow. It might be too much flow. How big is the container you're curing in? I do have smaller pumps as well. I'm in Sayreville.

No tips or tricks....it just takes time for the old death to leach out. Only really need a little flow and that's it. No heater or light is needed.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
You simply want flow so you don't get stagnant water. The amount of flow isn't going to accelerate the rate of leaching. It's simply a matter of time, and performing water changes when nitrates and phosphates get high. I found a bunch of pumps you may borrow...some high flow, some low. You are welcome to borrow whatever makes you happy. :D