• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

DAM i missed them

i had a lionfish so i wanted to breed some feeder fish.mollies can live in saltwater so i thought ok give it a shot.got a few and 2 paired up. she was big 4 a while but so was the male.i feed heavy so was kind of hard 2 tell.well i go feed my tank this morning a i see a lil spec shoot buy.long story short i was able to only catch 1.
i think the rest were eatin buy the other fish in the tank.dam i had a breeder net/tank its small so i did want to keep her in until i was sure.hope the one i got will live he/she is in a lil net .i really want to try 2 start breeding more fish.it is so cool to see oh well next time. just wanted to share will try to get a pic of the lil guy...

Ive done that before..
Breed mollies in saltwater tank...
You gotta get the babies as fast as they come out
otherwise the momma will eat them immediatly
once they start i think its a two week to monthly breeding cycle
if my memory serves me right...
Good luck with it...

thanks i think i read its once a month. so around march 9th start watching her close. im going to get a few more females.i never breed fish it is kind of cool. i have the 1 lil guy have 2 see if he makes it.and being laid off i have the time think i might try banggai cardinalfish next.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I did that also. But I left some babies in help feed the other larger fish. Some babies swam in the nems and reduced my feedings there. Eventually, the large fish caught on and harassed the female and male. Eventually thet died and I never bothered again.