• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Darn Deer!!!

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Got him on the way home last night. I can't believe he woke up after about 1/2 hour (I was waiting on the trooper) Trooper put him down after getting permission to discharge his gun. Seen some locals at the WaWa done the road. They knew exactly what had happened and asked me where it was. He's not there this morning.

CAR-DEER.jpg

Needless to say, the boss isn't too happy this morning.

Be thankful we live in NJ..... if we were much further north it could have been a moose.

Although all in all my driving trips back and forth from NJ to Nova Scotia Canada....I have yet to see one of these elusive moose.

On another note....I know how you feel..... I saw a guy in front of me a few yrs back hit a deer. It took out the front drivers light.... drivers door...rear passenger door and cracked the rear tail light on that side as well. Then it got up, looked around and then jumped back over the fence from where it came from. I stopped to make sure the driver was okay....he looked like he was going to cry.... he was uninjured but said it was his wifes car and that she was gonna kill him. Felt bad for the poor guy.

Anyway hope it all works out.

Derrick

momof6kids

NJRC Member
Sorry to hear this Rich. Both Doug and Holly hit deer this year.

I am very excited that next year the law is changing and we will be allowed to hunt legally on our property, during bow hunting. Any hunters near me, you are welcome to come on over.

(Sorry to all you animal rights activists, but there are just too many deer in our area, there won't be enough food in the area to sustain them.)

Darn Rich. I'm sorry! That is one of my biggest fears, actually. They're all over the place, and I agree, there are just WAYYYY too many of them.

Erna, would it be rude or inappropriate to ask that if you "get" one, can I buy some meat off you guys? ;D

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Insurance does cover it. I'm not sure if it is collision or comprehensive. I hit one last year. And in the spring, one JUMPED OVER my EXPLORER! From the front hood just in front of my driver side over the front hood on the passenger side, grazing the antenna and hood on his way across. I actually have a hoof print on the hood.

Sorry to hear you hit one, Rich. Hopefully insurance doesn't get too goofy over the accident. Luckily you're ok!

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Phyl said:
Hopefully insurance doesn't get too goofy over the accident. Luckily you're ok!
Company car actually. I'm not sure whether the owner will submit it or simply pay for the repairs. The quarter panels and bumper look ok, but the hood, grill and headlights gotta go.

We won't talk about what happened before but 27 years without so much as a scratch on a car. Hopefully this doesn't start a chain reaction.

Yikes,glad yr ok,if it makes things any better,a buddy of mine recently hit a cow!! Really messed the truck up,but believe it or not,the cow got up and walked away...

Accidents big issue now as the deer are running around looking to breed. Some of the males chase so much that the does are running into traffic to get away. Can always tell when the rut begins, as the highways fill with dead deer.

The biggest problem we have here in Jersey is that the deer have adapted so well to living amongst us that while I am hunting, I have literally seen the deer bedding down almost right up to the foundation of the house, and they stay there even as the people get in their cars to drive to work. Truly amazing how animals adapt.

I will be out there this Saturday doing my best to help control the population!

momof6kids

NJRC Member
JerseyWendy said:
Darn Rich. I'm sorry! That is one of my biggest fears, actually. They're all over the place, and I agree, there are just WAYYYY too many of them.

Erna, would it be rude or inappropriate to ask that if you "get" one, can I buy some meat off you guys? ;D

Absolutely not! ;) Anyone want to come over and help lower the population in my yard, you are welcome to try. They are so bad they bed down right in my bushes and will stay there as we drive in, park, and get out of the car. They will only leave as we run towards them yelling. They totally destroyed my gardens this year. Ate everything except the daffodils and the peonies. And I mean everything.

I feel a little bad for them this winter, there are too many of them to survive.

malulu

NJRC Member
Erna,

remember that you are supposed to host a BIG TANK party?

now is the time, Christmas plus BIG TANK with Bambi party??
;D