• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Dead Anthias can't get to

Long story short I had a sick anthias that I believe is dead now and as I was trying to get it out of the tank, it got blown behind some rock that I can not get to.

I have a 90 Gallon. It is a medium size Anthias. My parameters are good. 0 Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate. This is the first fish that has died in my tank this size.

My question is do I need to worry about any ammonia spike or is the 100+ gallons with sump enough to dilute it and just let the CUC take care of the Anthias. I can NOT get to it without serious rock movement.

Thanks for any advice.

curt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Should be fine. You can't use the powerhead and blow it out?

Resolved.

Thanks Guys.

Curt, I did stick in an extra power head and pointed in the direction of the fish. Created quite a sandstorm, but did in fact get him out just enough that I could get him with the tongs. Poor guy. I haven't lost too many fish over the 3 years I have been doing this, so it still bothers me when I do.

This guy, I got with a black spot on him. Over the month I had him, the black spot grew and bulged out (almost like a tumor or something). It then opened on one side like a cut. Despite that he seemed fine (eating and swimming) until a day or so ago when I could tell he just wasn't right.