• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

December 2008 POTM Contest (ID Request)

if anyone can tell me what that first thing is called... it's really cool looking, and nice pic too boot.

20081205-1957-small.jpg

Photo attached for reference

malulu

NJRC Member
yeah, they are pretty, and have few different colors...

just be aware IF ordered from Internet...
I saw a very pretty RED one online, and it said "color may vary..." sure enough it came in as a brownish color... i still have it!

so, it is better to see it in your own eye before purchasing one.

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I had 2 of those when I started a few years ago. Haven't bought one since I started with corals. I never had a problem with them and the lived for quite a while, seemed hardy.

I never see anyone posting about them, good or bad? Does anybody have any advice for or against them?

Taz

malulu

NJRC Member
i got two (4+ inches) at the very beginning when i setup my tank, the only problem is, the grow very big...

when it reach 6+ inches (6 months or so), i gave away one...

and still kept the other one since (it's been 3+ yrs) I now on purpose to feed it with LESS food, so it stay about 6+ inches. I am sure he/she is not happy about it, but, this is the way i can think of to keep it not growing too big right now.

malulu

NJRC Member
in my case - they don't really walk at all...
but it is kind of difficult to set up to station right in the beginning... like you have a spot for it, but it instead facing you... it may face backward...
;)

malulu

NJRC Member
i heard that a lots from my wife... keep telling me not go big on my fish tank...
;)

every time she complain, i go bigger...
:D