• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Decided To Go LED on the Big Tank

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The 500 watt bulb crapped out in the big tank and @Timkatz71 convinced me to switch to LED. The replacement bulb was only 35 watts.....7 percent of what the original bulb was burning....cha-ching! The bulb was installed today and I'm delighted.

If you need pool maintenance of any kind I highly recommend contacting Tim. He is an NJRC member who runs a pool company.....you won't be disappointed. Thanks Tim.

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
my only suggestion would had been trying to install a hue light then you can change the color of the light from your phone lol

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
James, I'm extremely low tech. I do own a phone but am very atypical in that my phone isn't glued to my palm. It's most likely lost in the house somewhere with a dead battery. However, I still have the ability to quickly change light colors the low tech way with the "Mood Setter" Kwik change color lenses....in light blue, red, amber and green. :D

James, I'm extremely low tech. I do own a phone but am very atypical in that my phone isn't glued to my palm. It's most likely lost in the house somewhere with a dead battery. However, I still have the ability to quickly change light colors the low tech way with the "Mood Setter" Kwik change color lenses....in light blue, red, amber and green. :D

We don't want to know when you throw a towel over the table lamp next to the bed.