• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

>:( DHL is the worste

i just wanted to let everyone know about a problem i had with DHL about a year or so ago. i shipped corals to north jersey on a wednesday and paid for regular ground but the employee assured it would get there the next day . i recieved a call from my customer on friday saying that she still didnt get it. so, i called DHL and they said it was at one of their stations on its way out. saturday the customer was so fed up, she wanted her money back so, i gave her a refund. then monday came along and someone called me from the DHL station saying "i have a package here and its leaking". i told him to just throw it away because it was live coral and was most likely dead.
i filed a claim for damaged goods with DHL for $50. a week later i got a letter from them stating they do not have to pay for it because it is prohibited to send live animals this way. i called them up and told them that the DHL employee who labeled the packages was aware of the corals being in them as well as the words "LIVE CORAL" and "FRAGILE" being written in bold black marker on each side. she told me thee was nothing she could do. i then asked her where the package is and it showed it as delivered on friday.
What the ? this company sucks! BE WARNED!

wow , That's really sad that DHL didn't care.

You had the box clearly labeled Live Coral
so they should have no excuse
to handle your package the way they did
They can Read... It's alive

Man...that sucks

smcooler

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
RobbiesReef said:
i just wanted to let everyone know about a problem i had with DHL about a year or so ago. i shipped corals to north jersey on a wednesday and paid for regular ground but the employee assured it would get there the next day . i recieved a call from my customer on friday saying that she still didnt get it. so, i called DHL and they said it was at one of their stations on its way out. saturday the customer was so fed up, she wanted her money back so, i gave her a refund. then monday came along and someone called me from the DHL station saying "i have a package here and its leaking". i told him to just throw it away because it was live coral and was most likely dead.
i filed a claim for damaged goods with DHL for $50. a week later i got a letter from them stating they do not have to pay for it because it is prohibited to send live animals this way. i called them up and told them that the DHL employee who labeled the packages was aware of the corals being in them as well as the words "LIVE CORAL" and "FRAGILE" being written in bold black marker on each side. she told me thee was nothing she could do. i then asked her where the package is and it showed it as delivered on friday.
What the ? this company sucks! BE WARNED!

if you are not verified by your shipping company as a livestock shipper, and it is hard to get this done no shipping com. will honer your claim fedex included. Fedex has lost many boxes for me and cost me thousands to re ship corals that they killed or lost.

stan

What if you claimed it was food?? Thus if not delivered it would spoil?
I know we don't eat corals but could be fish food.

stan, if that is so, they shouldnt take the money for the shipping of the corals then. they will take the money and put their name on it until its lost, then its your problem.

and what about their computer stating that it was delivered on time when it was NEVER even delivered. i actually filed a second claim after i was denied the first. the second claim was for "lost package". i never heard back from them and just gave up since it was only a few mushrooms that i cultured my self.

oh and when i shipped the packages, i used a credit card so, i reversed the charges and got my money back at least.