• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Diamond Watchman Goby

I had him in my 55 and I think he killed my pistol shrimp that was with my Yasha and scared her out of her burrow. How do I catch him? I am afraid he might kill her :(

I had him in my 55 and I think he killed my pistol shrimp that was with my Yasha and scared her out of her burrow. How do I catch him? I am afraid he might kill her :(
Good old fashioned net. You can even try a clear container or soda bottle along the glass, and chase him into it. Like they do in the store to catch fish with a spec cup. Or... if he's food driven, cut the top off a clear water bottle, turn it inside out so that the neck goes into the bottle, put some food inside and he may end up in there trapped.

every time I lift the hood he darts under the rock, and he sleeps under the rock. Maybe I'll try a pile of pellets to attract him...stupid rocks

He knows he's done wrong! Good luck. I've had luck with blennies and gobies in that style trap. They like hiding in things. Problem is, they're smart enough to get out as well.

I picke the same goby up from trop a week ago. Then he disappeared. 3days couldn't find any trace. Siphon to my overflow was getting bubbles. Curt and I have been planning and designing a 70 gallon sump and I told him about it. He said try moving power heads (I had moved them) and getting less surface ripple. Nope. By now you prob figured it out. Especially if you took part in the ick trick. Goby was in the overflow! 3 days. Lol. I love him.
Off topic. I have been into salt for about a year. I joined Njreefer and was lucky to hook up with Curt. He is a great guy. I am so lucky he lives 3minutes from me. We are going away for a week and I'm so lucky he will be looking after my tank. He has his work cut out for him. My sailfin tang is at war with my naso and yellow. And my clowns are gonna kill someone sooner or later. There are 4. But a 140 isn't big enough for the buggers. Oh well. 1060 miles of family driving bliss. Gonna miss my tank. But ive already found a coral store in Orlando !!