• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Diana’s build

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
3857B91D-2581-464C-AF0F-977066C154B6.jpeg This will be a very slowww build. I have two 40b empty. One is my QT and the other was DT. I decided to try the Fugi Cube inserts in the 40b. I caulked this today. I will water test it next weekend. If it doesn't crack I will leave the water in in for a week. Hoping that it doesn’t crack like @MadReefer experienced with his inserts.

I gave my rocks(except for two rocks) a vinegar bath, and a bleach bath about 2 months ago. They are in a Brute gathering bacteria for the new tank.

I have been gathering corals for the new 75g tank slowly.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
View attachment 23694 This will be a very slowww build. I have two 40b empty. One is my QT and the other was DT. I decided to try the Fugi Cube inserts. I caulked this today. I will water test it next weekend. If it doesn't crack I will leave the water in in for a week. Hoping that it doesn’t crack like @MadReefer experienced with his inserts.

I gave my rocks(except for two rocks) a vinegar bath, and a bleach bath about 2 months ago. They are in a Brute gathering bacteria for the new tank.

I have been gathering corals for the new tank slowly.
Looks great, did you diy the sump yourself?

View attachment 23694 This will be a very slowww build. I have two 40b empty. One is my QT and the other was DT. I decided to try the Fugi Cube inserts. I caulked this today. I will water test it next weekend. If it doesn't crack I will leave the water in in for a week. Hoping that it doesn’t crack like @MadReefer experienced with his inserts.

I have been gathering corals for the new tank slowly.

Well done!!!!!
Good luck with your new build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David@wegetkraken

Area Local Reef Club
Gorgeous work on the sump! What are you looking to incorporate between the skimmer and return pump sections? (Third section from the left) Refugium?

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Gorgeous work on the sump! What are you looking to incorporate between the skimmer and return pump sections? (Third section from the left) Refugium?

It's suppose to be my refugium section. Not sure if it too small now. Skimmer section is 13 1/2 x 17 1/2, refug is 8 1/2 x 17 1/2 and return 7" x 17 1/2

It's suppose to be my refugium section. Not sure if it too small now. Skimmer section is 13 1/2 x 17 1/2, refug is 8 1/2 x 17 1/2 and return 7" x 17 1/2
I have never seen a rule for what size fuge per gallon of water but my two cents is that is plenty. A ball of chato about 8 x 17 is a big plant. Keeping in mind that is does not require one ounce of spare water in the chamber because it is a flow thru design receiving constant new (dirty) water. And keeping in mind that the goal is to reduce nitrates and phosphates not eliminate them. I feel you have more than enough space. Again if someone has seen a formula that disputes that thinking please post it.

David@wegetkraken

Area Local Reef Club
Agreed, it is more about how far are you looking to reduce nitrate and phosphate and then how much contact time does the water have with the macroalgae. You can always slow your sump flow if you have a DC return pump or even route it back through for a second pass with a small pump to increase touch time.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
9E8B0523-3FE9-4142-B9F9-13993FFC5336.jpeg

So I finally got someone to help me get the 40b tank down the outside steps (3 steps :oo:). Added water and pump to circular water yesterday. IT HASN’T CRACKED yet:ohnoes:. It’s still running. I was very very nervous about the acrylic expanding after it was exposed water. So now I can order the tank, purchase the pvc and valves.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I like the sump it is very clean.
The bigger the refugium the better but if you trim your Cheato you will be fine.