• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Diatom Help

I thought about that, I am keeping an eye on the pH. Worst case I will install fans on the sump area with filters. But so far the past 2 weeks I havent seen any issues.

Where the tank sits is between my living room and the kitchen on the second floor. I have a large golden retriever and two sons 10 and 9. The back door is in the living room and it must be opened and closed a hundred times a day. Living where I do with all this great jersey sand and surrounded by woods and farms I am not surprised at all with it being in the air.

wow. Thanks for the update. May I ask what kind of "filters" you have on your hood fans? is that a DIY or something you bought?

The hood is a DIY but the fans are just the standard 4" muffin fans, I bought the filters from McMaster Carr. The filter guard snaps on and its a thin foam filter.