• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Does anyone breed clowns?

Does anyone breed clowns. I got a mated pair from ora about 3 years ago. They are beautiful and constantly breed. Like a day in-between clutches and they lay massive clutches at this point. The problem is they are very territorial and over the years have expanded their territory to most of my tank. My other 4 fish just sit in the opposite upper corner terrified. I'd like to find a breeder interested in breeding them , trade them my breeding pair for just a single clown. They are just born to breed and would like to get them into someone's hands that does it

Salted

NJRC Member
Same! I cant even put my hand in the tank without the big one trying to attack me
That was my female. Every time. When the rehome decision was made I couldn’t catch her with the net. She was so used to being by and biting my hand any and every time it was in the tank I was actually able to just pick her up by hand easy as could be.
I have a problem getting rid of pets , these things have tortured me for 3 years.
While I can understand this the flip side to it is being fair to the other tank inhabitants. Life was miserable for some of them because of her.

That was my female. Every time. When the rehome decision was made I couldn’t catch her with the net. She was so used to being by and biting my hand any and every time it was in the tank I was actually able to just pick her up by hand easy as could be.

While I can understand this the flip side to it is being fair to the other tank inhabitants. Life was miserable for some of them because of her.
I got a taker, it's happening this time , luckily they stay to one side of the tank and it's setup enough where I can stick a piece of acrylic or something in to isolate them to one side. I'd rather not move their rock, but I'm motivated at this point .