• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Does anyone have their sump in the basement?

Hi guys, I want to add my sump in the basement so its easier to change water. has anyone done this? I have my tank in the first floor and I wanted to drop pipes down to the basement but havent got the courage yet.

Does anyone have photos on a setup like this?

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
We've got our sump in the basement and it is plumbed directly into our sewer lines. I know my husband (JohnS) has photos posted somewhere, I'll ask him to post the links. It is intimidating to do, but we don't regret it. We put the lines inside the wall though so that we weren't drilling through our carpet/floor. Nice & Clean that way and should we ever move we just need to put the sheetrock back on the wall and you'd never know there was a hole in the floor.

Thats what i want to do, but I'm kind of weary about the whole thing. If anyone has pictures of the hole and pipes it would be a great help for me.

thanks for your responses

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I found one of the pictures of John and Phyl's setup going into the wall..

inside%20cabinet.jpg