• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Does anyone have.....

a carpet dryer like one of these-

0040610886099_L4.jpg

32e2_1.JPG

i am in a bad way and gonna buy one if i cant find anyone local who i can borrow one from. or maybe home depot rents them?!?

I think Home depot has them for rent, that reminds me of last year when kids left faucet running overnight and it flooded my whole 1st floor. Had to ripe everything out.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
When do you need it? I have a few but I'm away till Fri night or Sat.

Thanks Mike, I am not sure if that is going to work b/c I am leaving Sunday for a few days down the shore. I got up 90% of the water with a wet dry vac but the carpet is still damp and one of these things is the only way I can think of to dry it.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If you don't locate one by then, you can take one of mine and leave it running on low while you're away.

Thanks Mike! I might just have to take you up on that offer.

Ok, heres the scoop. The barrel connector between the output of my RO/DI unit that connects to the tubing that fills my RO/DI resevoir somehow disconnected. I have an auto-shut off float valve & solenoid switch on the RO/DI resevoir to prevent it from overflowing. When the water hits the top the RO/DI shuts off via the solenoid switch. Well, I must have pulled the tubing off the barrel connector the two days ago when I was working on some stuff, so basically the RO/DI just ran onto the floor and gravity took the water under the wall of the fish tank room out to the bar area (behind the bar to be specific). I didnt notice for a about 36 hours. Just happened to notice that the RO/DI reservoir was low, which with the ATO/Solenoid never happens. Then i looked at the floor under/behind my fuge tank where the RO/DI tubing runs and saw it was all wet. I walked behind the bar and heard that awful swishing sound on the carpet. I sucked about 100 gallons or more with the wet dry vac. The RO/DI unit is rated at 75 gpd. So now the carpets are no longer soaked, but still wet. Really it is the matting under the carpet that is wet, it is real thin berber carpet. So the only think I can think of to help is one of those high powered blowers. The good news is at least it wasnt salt water!

At least you're looking at the bright side. When i was reading the earlier posts I had thought the worst so this is actually a relief hearing it's only RODI. Sucks but it's way way way better than the alternative.

Good luck getting the dryer. Live to reef another day.