• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Does anyone???

Hey peeps does anyone have a spare grow light in the closet??? Mine is on way out and I don’t trust it anymore I’m sure it’s gonna cause electrical fire one night
I dropped it in sump,,oops,, and now it makes noise like sizzling bacon ,, mmmmm ,, not good
I’ve ordered a new one but won’t be here till December 11ish. Hopefully with way deliveries are nowadays
So if any of my peeps has I spare I’d appreciate it if I could borrow it
Thanks God Bless

myrjon

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
paulie if your talking the pink and blue for sump i have a setup on a clip light. if u want i will take pic ..

Last edited:

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I have this if you want it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201122-101809_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20201122-101809_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    707.1 KB · Views: 1

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
it simply screws into a regular lamp socket. let me know brotha. it's yours to keep if you want it

homedepot clip on will do it. had 2 on my sump back in the day and cheato grew like crazy. not my style anymore though. im setting up a reactor with denitrate yo plug up my nitrate issues. no need for lightbulbd, cleaning algae out of sump etc

do you have a spare reactor? lol

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
homedepot clip on will do it. had 2 on my sump back in the day and cheato grew like crazy. not my style anymore though. im setting up a reactor with denitrate yo plug up my nitrate issues. no need for lightbulbd, cleaning algae out of sump etc

do you have a spare reactor? lol
Not go-jack this thread. Can you post about this denitrate reactor in a new thread.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member

One of those with a normal bulb grows stuff like mad.

Like everyone said I’m using this Home Depot bulb and one of these aluminum clamp fixtures and my Chaeto is growing really well.

Attachments

• 52D5C32A-CB87-4E04-BD05-8FEA7894522B.png
    52D5C32A-CB87-4E04-BD05-8FEA7894522B.png
    599.1 KB · Views: 1
  • B972AAB0-0747-47BE-96CE-5FAE0AA07A41.png
    B972AAB0-0747-47BE-96CE-5FAE0AA07A41.png
    512.1 KB · Views: 1

myrjon

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Paulie if u. Need a bulb i also have smaller ones .. smaller than a regular light bulb

How many watt
5k "daylight" CFL bulbs get like 120w or something like that. i used to run two of these 24 hrs a day growth was crazy - one on the top and one on the side. i remember i'd have to scrape off my side every couple of days though but i was getting double coverage. but i wouldnt start 24 hrs right off the bat. work your way up. a lot of people like to run them when their display lights are off, balances out the ph or makes the copepod gods happy