• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Does your LFS have Halloween hermit crabs or other big hermits?

Hi everyone,
As the title states does your LFS have Halloween hermit crabs or other big hermits?

I really like hermit crabs, the big ones in particular since I never see any of my small blue leg sized ones. I have one halloween hermit crab that I got locally, and now that I've figured out that the craft store is a wayyyyy better place to get shells than any pet store I'm confident enough to have multiple hermit crabs because I know I have enough shells and access to more if need be.

Major League Exoic Pets in Jackson has had recently, give them a call to check f they still have.

Reactions: Kai
Yes....I’ve bought several inverts and a few fish from there, and most have done well; my only quick casualty was one small emerald crab. Have 2 Halloween hermits in fact that are doing well from there.

Reactions: Kai
Yes....I’ve bought several inverts and a few fish from there, and most have done well; my only quick casualty was one small emerald crab. Have 2 Halloween hermits in fact that are doing well from there.
Okay, their yelp reviews are terrible have they changed their practices at all, new owners or something?

Last edited:
Aquarium Care Center in Ocean. There are definitely some big electric blue and halloween’s in stock right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aquarium Care Center in Ocean. There are definitely some big electric blue and halloween’s in stock right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cool! That's about an hour and a half for me so I'll have to keep it in mind for any says I have time to take a trip on down!

Okay, their yelp reviews are terrible have they changed their practices at all, new owners or something?

Seems to me they have but it's primarily a pet shop with a focus on reptiles and some small mammals, a nice freshwater section and a growing saltwater area. I never notice disease in the system. Based on posts I've read on this forum, some active members here like the place and others are unimpressed. I like it and they're upping their saltwater area for sure, I spoke to a guy who says he was hired to build up the coral section and he's happy to talk coral and the hobby when I come in (I shop off hours lol). Overall a cool shop and everything I've gotten there has done well. ACC in Ocean is great, focused exclusively on saltwater; their livestock turns over much quicker so definitely call ahead if you go there.

Seems to me they have but it's primarily a pet shop with a focus on reptiles and some small mammals, a nice freshwater section and a growing saltwater area. I never notice disease in the system. Based on posts I've read on this forum, some active members here like the place and others are unimpressed. I like it and they're upping their saltwater area for sure, I spoke to a guy who says he was hired to build up the coral section and he's happy to talk coral and the hobby when I come in (I shop off hours lol). Overall a cool shop and everything I've gotten there has done well. ACC in Ocean is great, focused exclusively on saltwater; their livestock turns over much quicker so definitely call ahead if you go there.
Okay well I'll keep that in mind at least. Small mammals are my real favorite pets, the fish was a neat hobby I picked up because I like to watch the inverts and se the corals but seeing the small mammals in pet store conditions is a pretty solid tipping point for me.