• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Don't Break the chain - Yellow polyps

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I have about 6 heads of Yellow polyps if anyone is interested. Below is some information about them:

Scientific Name: Parazoanthus gracilis
Classification: Soft Coral
Common Names: Yellow Polyps
Description:
Yellow polyps are very distinctive. They are obviously yellow in color and have long thin stalks up to 1.5" long and long tentacles compared to most other polyps. The polyps are individual and do not connected in any way.

Hardiness: Yellow polyps are very hardy. They do seem to be one of the tastier soft corals and if there is something in the tank that might munch on the occasional coral, yellow polyps are frequently the first ones eaten.

Lighting: Can withstand most reef lighting schemes, but seems to do best under at least moderate lighting..

Water Current: Yellow polyps prefer low to moderate water motion.

Temperature: Does well within a range of at least 76º to 84º F.

Aggressiveness: Very low.

Feeding: Yellow polyps are photosynthetic and do fine with no feeding, but occasional feeding of small meaty foods like brine shrimp is benefitial.

Supplements: No special requirement are noted. Normal acceptable water parameters seem to suite it just fine.

Tank Positioning: No special requirements other than keeping them out of forceful water flow. These specimens are usually placed near the bottom of the tank.

Propagation:: Yellow polyps will naturally propagate in the reef tank and the colony will tend to grow in size

And rules are:
1. You must offer a frag of something to NJ Reefers Club members. DBTC before you pick it up.
2. You must pick it up from me, I am in Brielle, or arrange for someone else to pick it up from me with my prior consent.
3. I have final say on who gets the coral, some things I will may consider in making my decision include your experience and ability to keep the coral alive, and the length of time and the level of your involvement with NJRC.
4. I can change the rules of this offering.
5. And finally you must offer all future frags of this coral as NJ Reefers DBTC for the first year after you begin fragging the coral.

R

reseter5

I have no polyps in my tank yet. And I would like to start adding some. Let me know. Thanks

R

reseter5

sounds great.. i am off of work tomorrow. let me know whats good. snowflakes are gone .. but i do have a grey colored speckled moray if you want him.. he needs a better home than my sump..lol

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Just saw the post. It would be best to PM me as then I will get the email. Monday will be best for me. I will pas on the eel but thanks.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Phil, thanks for the info.

Well, I guess these are back up for who ever wants them.