• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Down for the count

• Thread starter Deleted member 27248
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27248

Hey all, I’ve had covid and now double pneumonia for the past few weeks now…it’s been terrible, but just wanted to talk about my tank maintenance during this time…I’d say 98% nonexistent. I may have fed the tank 4 times in that time, when I could manage to get out of bed. I never had enough time to dial in my Alk for my system, so I am normally at 8-9. When I check it the other day it was 4.6 dkh…I added and got it up to 6.6….got more impatient and just kept dumping bi carb..today my Alk was
17.6….I have one acan colony who isnt
His normal happy, but everything else in the tank is absolutely fine and stilll
Swollen and growing…my point is to all the people who freak out when little Things happen…give credit to the amazing life and ecosystem in your house, they can take
A lot. And just goBack to status quo when you can! Not the end Of the world.!

Alk 17.2 (normally 8-9)
Cal 480
Mag 1800
Nitrate 50
Phosphate .43

I’ll add better pics when i scrape The glass. I have coraline everywhere.

Attachments

• 4D5F2665-3A7A-4FF2-8B76-E8BEC46F651D.jpeg
    4D5F2665-3A7A-4FF2-8B76-E8BEC46F651D.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 17
  • 55A1D968-9815-46E4-B870-56CE5C58D468.jpeg
    55A1D968-9815-46E4-B870-56CE5C58D468.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 17
Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 27248

my chaeto is next level, anyone need any lol

Attachments

• D55734C3-0447-44CA-939B-D0F350E8B8CA.jpeg
    D55734C3-0447-44CA-939B-D0F350E8B8CA.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
  • FullSizeRender.mov
    6.6 MB
Sorry to hear bud hope you get over it soon. I had covid recently too and it was pretty rough for me I wasn't able to get out of bed for 5 days, I was in so much pain. I too barely touched my tank. I fed some flake food twice and topped off the ato reservoir once and that was it. I do have the trident and dos for dosing automatically and an auto feeder for twice daily pellet feeding so the automation is what saved my tank I think. I skipped 2 water changes and started getting some turf algae everywhere because of the neglect. Things are looking much better now and I appear to be winning the turf algae battle. If you need anything brother just let me know and I'll come down there and give you a hand.

D

Deleted member 27248

Sorry to hear bud hope you get over it soon. I had covid recently too and it was pretty rough for me I wasn't able to get out of bed for 5 days, I was in so much pain. I too barely touched my tank. I fed some flake food twice and topped off the ato reservoir once and that was it. I do have the trident and dos for dosing automatically and an auto feeder for twice daily pellet feeding so the automation is what saved my tank I think. I skipped 2 water changes and started getting some turf algae everywhere because of the neglect. Things are looking much better now and I appear to be winning the turf algae battle. If you need anything brother just let me know and I'll come down there and give you a hand.
I appreciate it dude…the covid symptoms are finally gone, now dealing with the pneumonia! Lol yea **** is no joke!

That's rough that you got the pneumonia too. Hope your wife and kids didn't get sick too. Only my son and I got sick. The wife and my daughter are still negative. Like I said bud let me know if you need anything. I'll bring you a pork roll egg and cheese saltpepperketchup if you want.

D

Deleted member 27248

That's rough that you got the pneumonia too. Hope your wife and kids didn't get sick too. Only my son and I got sick. The wife and my daughter are still negative. Like I said bud let me know if you need anything. I'll bring you a pork roll egg and cheese saltpepperketchup if you want.
Taylor ham egg and cheese would be much appreciated bud!!! My wife had it quite bad…my 6 month old and 3 year old had it for 2 days and were absolutely fine. Thank
God
For that!

Can't do it if you call it by that criminal name lol. Sorry to hear that everyone got it but glad to hear things are getting better. They weren't kidding when they said the kids barely show symptoms bc my son had the slightest cough for a few days and that was it.

D

Deleted member 27248

Can't do it if you call it by that criminal name lol. Sorry to hear that everyone got it but glad to hear things are getting better. They weren't kidding when they said the kids barely show symptoms bc my son had the slightest cough for a few days and that was it.
Yea how Bizarre is that!