• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Dwarf Angel in a reef tank

I'm sure there is something that they will nip at...but ours has never touched a thing. Zoos, other softies, LPS & SPS have all escaped its interest.

My flame was a model citizen til I switched tanks, now I see him nipping at my clam :mad: throughout the day. I have no explanation why, I think they can and will turn on you at any given time :mad:

my old flame and coral beauty behaved well when they got into the tank, but went after corals i added after they were in the tank...

malulu

NJRC Member
same as my Flame Angel... sometime (he/she?) is good, sometime not, i suspect it may be due to my under feeding the tank... (i came home late, so i can't feed during the day).

i recently increase the feeding with a auto feeder, and it seems not bothering my clams any more for the pass week...

It's a possibility I've been under feeding, my nitrates were elevated due to disrupting the sand bed and moving a portion over to the new tank.

When it comes to any angel, you are taking a risk in a reef tank, although the dwarf angels are a much better option. I have had a flame in my tank and never had an issue with it.

I currently have a coral beauty in there and it is fantastic. It has never nipped at anything none of my corals or my clams.

Although like I said and like you have read, all dwarf angels can be a problem or they can be model citizens, its all a risk.