• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Dwarf Angels

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I have a 75g with softies, no sps and added a pygmy a few weeks ago. I've read that you can't have more than one dwarf angel in a tank - I was hoping to add a coral beauty- is it possible

bigyankfan

Treasurer
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I had a venustus and a flame coexist. If they have enough rock work to feel secure, they'll be OK.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Depending on what type and the individual fish, you should be good to go.

While the Coral Beauty Angelfish is one of the easiest to care for, it needs a 70-gallon or larger tank with plenty of hiding places and lives rock to graze. That's why I still think it's a good idea to keep only one with the same tank size as yours. Unless your reef tank is at least 110 gallons in capacity, the best you can hope for with dwarf angels in the plural is controversial chaos.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
While the Coral Beauty Angelfish is one of the easiest to care for, it needs a 70-gallon or larger tank with plenty of hiding places and lives rock to graze. That's why I still think it's a good idea to keep only one with the same tank size as yours. Unless your reef tank is at least 110 gallons in capacity, the best you can hope for with dwarf angels in the plural is controversial chaos.
Guess I'll know sooner or later- just got one

DYIguy

NJRC Member
5 months in now with both a CB and a pigmy in my 75g with no problems/issues both get along with each other- don't eat my corals ( softies) , 4 damsels, a wrasse, tomini etc