• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

easiest way to raise ph

ok so I checked all my parameters tonight and this is what i have
amm 0
nitrate 0
nitrite 0
ph 7.6
ca 520
alk 9.9
po4 0

Ok so maybe my problem is a low ph. What is the safest way to raise this

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Should also be measuring and maintaining magnesium levels....it’s all part of that pH / alkalinity thing going on. If I remember correctly, it should be around 1200 ppm...google it just to make sure.

easiest way to raise pH for my tank is via Kalkwasser drip. this will also raise your calcium levels, but I see your Ca levels are at 520. Are you dosing Calcium as well, cuz I find it hard to get my Ca up that high unless you have no hard corals

yes I dose 2 part. I also dose vodka. I need to get a mag test kit. I have a few hard corals and they are doing well. Maybe I will get the 8.3 and see if this helps

alk should be 7.94 meq/l at 520 ppm, both are off the chart high.
Mag- Have to test today but I raised mine to 1500-1600 with no ill effects and Hair algae
and brimoses are 99% eliminated.
PH Baking Soda works.
Greg

Is there a problem with the tank other than low pH? Chasing pH is a good way to muck up a tank and induce problems by trying to fix something that really isn't broken. When are you testing you pH levels? How locked up has your house been this winter? I bet it is the typically winter dip.

went out and got a buffer and a mag test kit. i tested the mag 2 times using the salifert kit and it cam back at 1470 and 1500. The ph is at about 8.2 which seem like a huge change from yesterday