• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Ebay Calcium Reactor

Hey all. This is a current auction on ebay. Looks like a cool reactor and I placed a bid on it. I was outbid and I'm not sure if I should go any higher cause it looks like overkill for my new and still cyclying 120gal.

Actually I'm not even sure if it is a good reactor - I'm a newbie remember?? Anyway am I right about this thing being too big for my tank?

eBayISAPI.dll

It sure looks like a good reactor, and if you got a bargain price on it, that would be great.

OTOH, a reactor like that could easily handle a 500 or 1000 gal tank. For a 125, you don't need anything that big. In fact, you may not even need a calcium reactor at all.

Since the initial outlay for a calcium reactor is high, and you usually need one only if you want massive amounts of SPS corals, I'd hold off on getting one until you are sure you need it. Usually water changes can keep up with the calcium levels in many reef systems.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thats an MTC PRO CA React. Great price. I just paid double that on mine and have it running on a 125 gallon.