• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Ebay pods

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
Howdy,

Has anyone bought these pods before? I'm looking to start my culture and wanna ensure quality. Also if anyone is interested and local to 07652 I'll add them on.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Howdy,

Has anyone bought these pods before? I'm looking to start my culture and wanna ensure quality. Also if anyone is interested and local to 07652 I'll add them on.

I've bought on ebay before twice- not from this vendor though, but happy both times- arrived alive and although I couldn't count, population exploded both in tank and in refugium

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
I've bought on ebay before twice- not from this vendor though, but happy both times- arrived alive and although I couldn't count, population exploded both in tank and in refugium
Did you ever try to culture them? No reason they wouldn't be able to be cultured right?

Salted

NJRC Member
Did you ever try to culture them? No reason they wouldn't be able to be cultured right?
I want to give culturing a try too. I came across this thread on r2r and this guys method is as simple as it gets. I really have no time for additional projects so I'm liking this leave it alone outside theme. More pods.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I want to give culturing a try too. I came across this thread on r2r and this guys method is as simple as it gets. I really have no time for additional projects so I'm liking this leave it alone outside theme.
You can't make this comment and not share his method.

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
I saw a method in which you dump them into a container near a window and keep the water a slight tint of green with several bubble a second from an air pump and in 21 days you'll have more pods than you can use..

I'm going to order these from ebay and give it a go.

As mentioned I'll be ordering by noon if anyone wants to grab an order and lives in north jersey near Paramus

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
We used the vase method with a ton of success on tiger pods. Didn't even run the airstone and just exchanged tank water with the vase. I will get Nikki to do a write up of it, it was extremely simple.

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
We used the vase method with a ton of success on tiger pods. Didn't even run the airstone and just exchanged tank water with the vase. I will get Nikki to do a write up of it, it was extremely simple.
I'll make a build thread if you will.

I think it's gonna be super easy from all the videos I've watched. Definitely worth it if it's that easy... If I can save 30 bucks a month on pods by having a simple jar sitting around heck yeah !

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I'll make a build thread if you will.

I think it's gonna be super easy from all the videos I've watched. Definitely worth it if it's that easy... If I can save 30 bucks a month on pods by having a simple jar sitting around heck yeah !
Just wondering about the kinds of pods you'll be doing- there re a few or more- last time I bought them I got tisbe- read there are the best, thoughts?

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
Just wondering about the kinds of pods you'll be doing- there re a few or more- last time I bought them I got tisbe- read there are the best, thoughts?
TISBE, APEX AND TIGGER COPEPODS

When I finally get them cultured, I will obviously have some up for sale if you're interested.