• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

ecam's 243 Gallon Upgrade - Build thread 78x30x24

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Looking good Edwin! Congrats dude. You know how much I love coast to coast tanks. Really looking forward to watching this tanks progress.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
IMG_5983.jpeg
Electrical finish and cleaned up. So this semi clean area turns into a vomit of a mouth here

IMG_5980.jpeg
IMG_5984.jpegIMG_5985.jpeg

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Running a beanie overflow

Sump sections.

1st section - Drain into sump.
1st drain goes into fleece (siphon)
2nd drain - durso
3rd standpipe

Rubble rock for ampihods and other critters
IMG_5985.jpeg

2nd section - skimmer and trident area
3rd section - manifold , reactor (excuse the rock kept dropping screws in first section and had to move rock. So temp holding area )
- return wye for tank
IMG_5986.jpeg
4th section is the return which goes directly into uv and into manifold. All water will flow through uv (tangs !!! )

Attachments

• IMG_5982.jpeg
    IMG_5982.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Will try to get pics with the lights on. But need to find a lense for my phone. Since the new iPhone doesn’t work with my d filter for tank pics

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Few equipment changes. I changed the NYOS Quantum skimmer back to my reef octopus sro5000. The skimmer was too finicky.

Also installed a recirc co2 scrubber. ( drilled the lid so the skimmer takes air from the lid ).
Pretty effective

IMG_7555.pngIMG_7556.png

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Here is the equipment shot. With the CO2 scrubber setupIMG_7558.jpegIMG_7557.jpegIMG_7559.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7558.jpeg
    IMG_7558.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7559.jpeg
    IMG_7559.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 2