• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

EcoAqualizer ? Better than Skimmers ???

Some people think they work. Others think it is just a PVC pipe with magnets attached to it. What size tank do you have. I have the largest one I think it was the X 500. I bought it to use on my tank but did not feel like changing the plumbing. It is brand new and I will sell it for half price if you are interested. BILL

Rbu1 said:
Some people think they work. Others think it is just a PVC pipe with magnets attached to it. What size tank do you have. I have the largest one I think it was the X 500. I bought it to use on my tank but did not feel like changing the plumbing. It is brand new and I will sell it for half price if you are interested. BILL

Well funny you should mention "PVC Tube and Magnets"

Just found this showing one opened up with some real testing done.

http://www.reefs.org/library/testing/ecoaqualizer

I know a couple of people that use them and say they work, they both state the same thing they don't have to clean the glass as often and the water seems clearer, one has been using it for over a year and the other guy for 6 months. I have the X150 I was going to use but I too would have to redo the plumbing. I'm looking to sell it if anyone is interested.

malulu

NJRC Member
why it need to be redo the plumbing? why not just hook it up with a small pump, throw them both in the sump? it is the same principal - right? (make water run through it...)
???

Should have done a search before I posted this ;D Didn't realize there was a big thread on this early this year.

The thread died off in June, has anyone used it or continued to see improvments since ???

malulu said:
why it need to be redo the plumbing? why not just hook it up with a small pump, throw them both in the sump? it is the same principal - right? (make water run through it...)
???

If you saw my sump you'd know why ;)

malulu said:
???

Want to buy mine you can hook it up that way in your sump. $100.00 and it is yours......I paid $200.00

Rich and RBU,

Buying 1 large EcoAqualizer for a large tank isn't what you're looking for in the EA.

What you'd want to do is buy a smaller 1 per return. So if you have 2 returns you should put 1 150 on each (again this is depending on the size of your tank and the way your system is set up)

David,

You wouldn't want to hook up a pump and run it that way because it would only get the water that goes through that pump. In theory you'd want the water to go through it's regular filtration and then pass through the EA.

Anyone thinking about buying these should consult with the manufacturer. They are really nice people. Tell them your set up. If you can make them a diagram (for the more complicated systems) that would be even better.

They will tell you what you should be buying and how to hook it up. I've seen the results from people using these and it's pretty amazing. If set up properly you shouldn't have to clean your glass anywhere near as often. It cleans your water and almost makes you water look like it's not there.

I'm convienced that the people who aren't getting good results with these are the same people that aren't installing them properly.

Take the time to consult with the company and i'm sure they will set you up correctly.