• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Ecotech Radion G5

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
They look a lot like fancy Chinese black boxes lol
Looks like everyone is moving to individual led for each color.

Last edited:
The gen 4 pros are around 800 so y wouldnt the new ones be the same if not more. Love my gen 4s and they're not even the pros. I do like how the get 5 has a separate moon light channel so it's not the while light illuminating your tank. I'm also pretty Interested to see the difference between the gen 5 pro and the 5 blue as far as the spectrums to the eye look.

Yea they are, like hot cakes. Lol. But everyone is still selling them used for 650 700 used. I think ecotech just lowered the price on brand new to 629. That's gotta hurt, I know it annoys me be 3 months ago I bought my non pros for more than that. Good thing i plan on getting every last led hour out of the fixture haha

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
BRS has the gen 4 xr30 For $540

john90009

NJRC Member
I may just pull the trigger and buy a fixture just because of how annoying my reeflink and the app is. I can’t control the light through reeflink and the app unless I unplug the reeflink and when it reconnects I have 10 seconds to play with lights until it freezes with what I had lol. So hopefully cutting out the equipment pays off.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
I may just pull the trigger and buy a fixture just because of how annoying my reeflink and the app is. I can’t control the light through reeflink and the app unless I unplug the reeflink and when it reconnects I have 10 seconds to play with lights until it freezes with what I had lol. So hopefully cutting out the equipment pays off.

Welcome back to the forum!

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
I just know one day when I get my monster tank these will be what I'll need... I'm happy with my 180 dollar 160s lol