• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Eel Pics

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I finally snapped a few descent pics of our eel.  This is one cool animal.  He's got a ton of personality and is a lot of fun to feed!

eel1.jpg

eel2.jpg

eel3.jpg

eel4.jpg

eel5.jpg

eel6.jpg

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Nice Merv!  Fix away!

Nick, technically it's a gymnothorax miliaris.  More commonly known as a Banana Eel or a Canary Yellow Eel.  Sorry, no videos.  I might try to snag some next time he's out an about, though.

We've had him for 1.5 years and he's doing really well.  Based on his history, I think he's probably about 6 years old, maybe a little older.

Here's a link to his 15 minutes of internet fame! Banana Eel

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Mine too, but wow! would that be one expensive dinner!

"Hi, I'd like to have the Banana Unagi Don"

"Coming right up. That'll be $350!"

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The Eel Looks flat out awesome :eek: Good luck with it keep us up to date on how it is doing

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
MAVL666 said:
Beautiful looking eel. Doesn't it go after that dotty back and wrasse in the pic?

Not a bit. He is the most peaceful fish going. In fact, when we first got him, he and a small GSM would hang out together in little hole in the rockwork. At first we were afraid to put our hands in the tank or go anywhere near him. As time went by we realized that he was just a laid back dude and doesn't bother anyone.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
That's great. I almost bought a very small snowflake a few months back about 8". I decided not to because I was afraid it would eat my bicolor blenny and small clown fishes.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Hey Merv.....how bout fixing the rest of thoes pic's? In you spare time that is. :p

wow never seen a blue eel that looks cool but kinda weird (i like the yellow) but they do kinda look the same.

What do you call it?

eel Drumz :p

Nice job ReefDrumz

C

concept3

Hey John, Rich said so....

I did a special one on the last pic. Can you guys spot the difference in what I did?

eel1.jpg

eel1.jpg

eel3.jpg

eel3.jpg

eel4.jpg

eel4.jpg

eel5.jpg

eel5.jpg

eel6.jpg

eel6.jpg