• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Electrical question for AC

I Took a 20amp line that ran to my attic that wasn't being used to my living room I want to use that line for Air conditioner only. How big of an AC can I run on this line?

what you want to do, is determine what size ac you need for the space, too large and it will short cycle, too small, and it won't keep up. the normal way to figure this out is one ton, 12,000 btu per 600ft2. if the space is under insulated, or not insulated at all, you will want to increase the size.

depends on the make and model, you should be able to find one that works on that amperage, just check the electrical specs on the model in question, if you have the spec data it should tell you the min. amps required

If it is dedicated line to the AC only then you should be able to get the largest 110 AC unit they make which I think is a 15,000BTU