• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

EMERGENCY GENERATOR THREAD

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Hi folks.
Figured a compiled list of folks with generators they'ew willing to lend out in emergencies might be worthwile for those in need.
If its a bad idea, I'll be the only one on here :)

Mark_C
4,000 watt
easy start generator (inverter so can use sensitive electronics)
29 Bradley Ave, BRICK 08724
201-467-1771
If desperate and your phone is out, just drop by, no awkwardness, no worries.
Compact enough to fit in a trunk, but happy to deliver in Ocean or Monmouth counties.

Jamie S

NJRC Member
@Jamie S
6500 watt generator
28 Woodward Rd, Manalapan, 07726
732-239-3624
I bought it during Sandy and used it for a week straight. Since then the only time I run it is each summer I start it for half an hour. Starts on the first pull usually. I also have plenty of extension cords if needed.
Same as Mark, just drop by no need to call ahead if you can’t.

Great thread Mark. I will definitely add mine to the list. Unfortunately I am not in NJ at the moment to give the machines stats. but I can tell you it’s about 9,000 watts. And is battery or pull started. Runs on gasoline propane or natural gas. One down side is even though it’s portable. It is heavy. We are in KEYPORT. My number is (646) 372-5503

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I planned on getting a generator but no room to store it.
What's a good alternative to run heater and a power head? Would like to add lights but if can't no problem.

Salted

NJRC Member
I planned on getting a generator but no room to store it.
What's a good alternative to run heater and a power head? Would like to add lights but if can't no problem.
You can store either of these easily; 900 Watt Max Starting 2 Cycle Gas Powered Generator - EPA/CARB , 2000 Watt Super Quiet Inverter Generator . The 2k watt Predator would run quite a bit in the house. Either of those and two 5g cans of gas and you'd be good for a few days not running constantly. A heater is going to need some power. For the money this hobby costs the price of a generator is nothing compared to what a tank of fish and coral cost. It really should just be considered one of the basics you should have in this hobby.