• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Euphyllia White Bugs???

I've lost a bunch of euphyllia the past year and couldn't find out why. I just saw these on a frammer that is slowly shrinking up.
ID'd as Euphyllia white bugs on R2R.

Can anyone here confirm? And how can I treat it?
Im down from my big 60 head colony down to the last 3 that are also dying, 3 torches dead, 3 frogspawns and now a frogspawn and frammer also dying. Could not for the life of me figure out why

Attachments

• 20210922_232214.jpg
    20210922_232214.jpg
    581.9 KB · Views: 17
If that is the case and you see them moving, I've heard interceptor is what you need to run in your system to clear them out. However you need a script from a vet to get it. There are other ways to get it I believe though through non name medications.

Be cautious though, interceptor will kill inverts.

Last edited:

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
give Dr Gs a try. I used it for my sps for black bugs and it worked. didn't affect my lps at all. it actually made them look better. might dose it again just for the hell of it hahaha.

give Dr Gs a try. I used it for my sps for black bugs and it worked. didn't affect my lps at all. it actually made them look better. might dose it again just for the hell of it hahaha.
My worry with both is that if i use it in the tank, it'll kill my inverts and i really love my clam

eholceker

NJRC Member
FYI. interceptor will be very hard to get right now because ivermectin is the generic from what I recall. and as you know. people are using it to avoid getting the Vax. no comment.

Ivermectin and interceptor are actually different. Interceptor is milbemycin.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Ivermectin and interceptor are actually different. Interceptor is milbemycin.
my vet was giving me ivermectin when I had black bugs. good thing I didn't use it!!!!