• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Eva's 90 gal baby

I ran into a problem today. I wanted to start skimming during cycling process, I have the skimmer and finally got a Mag 9 pump. Originally I bought blue line 40x pump and then realize I would have to drill a hole in a glass sump (can't get the sump out now) so I bought the submersible Mag, but it has smaller fitting. I can't find reduction in plastic anywhere. Where can I get it? Do I have to order it?

skimmer.jpg

what size is the pump and what size do you need to get to. i would think most plumping supply stores would have what you need

The skimmer has 1" intake and pump has 3/4" outake. I tried Home depot and Lowe's and they couldn't find anything ???

Evik said:
Thank you guys :)

I want to do two islands setup and was thinking to glue together the bottom rocks to create a base, then I will stock up free formation. Mostly because the bottom will be new rocks and later on will come the old with corals.
I read (I do a lots of reading, so I don't have to ask so many questions ;D) I should add the old rocks with corals slowly to new aquarium, of course when the water will be ready, how slow and what should I watch for?

After the new tank has cycled, and you have your old rock that is already cured, I don't see why you can't just add all of it right away. Maybe I'm mis-reading the question/situation?

I would not want to add my old/lr with coral to a new tank that is still cycling.

phil519 said:
I would not want to add my old/lr with coral to a new tank that is still cycling.

Phil I meant, I will add the rock with corals from my smaller established tank after the water in new tank will be cycled, but I red you should add - introduce the corals slowly and I didn't know why or how slow (what to watch for). Hope this is clearer ;).

Also Skimmer is finally working :). It was challenging, but it is up and working.

DSC_0002-1.jpg

Close up

DSC_0003.jpg

The T5's I will use, I don't like to hang them, so have to make some canopy

Light.jpg

So far the water is not cycled yet, so have time ::)

Evik said:
Phil I meant, I will add the rock with corals from my smaller established tank after the water in new tank will be cycled, but I red you should add - introduce the corals slowly and I didn't know why or how slow (what to watch for). Hope this is clearer ;).

Yep yep! I think you can just add the LR w/coral attached in if the tank has cycled. The movement of the old LR from the established tank should not suffer too much in the switch. But I personally have never done a move - so others can comment!

Thank you guys :) .

Anyone can help with the transfer question, I think will need it soon. How delicate, sensitive are Aussie Acans to transfer?

Sun System Tek Light - T5 High Output Fluorescent Fixture, 48" 8 x 54W. You can pick the combination of Giesemann lamps. Before I buy something, I like to search the net for quality and best price and this is what I liked. Check it out http://www.sunlightsupply.com ;)

Thanks I am torn between basically that fixture and the LED ones.
Would like to keep the electric bill down somewhat.

Let there be light

Lights are on, my husband made a small canopy, it's not painted yet, we just tested it and it fits nicely. The rocks also aren't aquascaped, they are still cycling. Can't aquascape yet, will do it when the water parameters will be OK and I can incorporate rocks from my previous tank.
I know patients ;D

Sorry, it took me some time to continue to post, but lot's of new pictures ;)

New look

DSC_0013-1.jpg

Close ups

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

New fish additions

DSC_0098jpgm.jpg

103jpgm.jpg

DSC_0035A.jpg

DSC_0082.jpg

Some corals addition and ......

DSC_0223.jpg

DSC_0188.jpg

stativ032.jpg

rybickynove081opr.jpg

DSC_0124.jpg

DSC_0176.jpg

DSC_0058.jpg

DSC_0134.jpg

DSC_0168.jpg

DSC_0028macrojpgl.jpg

DSC_0186.jpg

DSC_0187.jpg

That's it for now ;D No SPS yet, I don't know if they will survive in new aquarium, don't want to lose them :eek: