• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

everyone safe from the storm ?

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I know that there were floods everywhere last night, so just checking on my njreef fam if everyone's good.

Got lucky here in medford lakes. Damage to the north south east and west...we had a couple of inches, a few gusts and our lakes are a little more full this morning..but we got REAL lucky. Hope everyone else was just as lucky.

Confirmed all chickens are gone. Water when up in the back of back yard around 8 feet.
At least I didn’t lost my soccer balls!!

Attachments

• 4C74A140-6A79-404F-B902-DDFC2726F683.jpeg
    4C74A140-6A79-404F-B902-DDFC2726F683.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 24
  • E8E8B9D4-0B63-4C2C-8D2E-21C20FC3BCF8.jpeg
    E8E8B9D4-0B63-4C2C-8D2E-21C20FC3BCF8.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 24
Wife's car is probably a total loss since we got caught in a flashflood trying to get home last night. Luckily nobody was hurt. What an experience that was. A couple inches of water just swelled up in a moment. A few more seconds and we could have made it out of there. That's one way to be forced to get a new car I suppose.

We will see a report about a flock of chickens running wild soon.. lol

DYIguy

NJRC Member
My roof tarps held fairly well, but got water in 2 ground level rooms- floors will have to be replaced - gravel drive washed out

All good in Old Bridge. At work in NY city is a different story all together , my railroad is a mess. Total shutdown for we are totally shutdown this morning as well as most transit . Gonna be a long day here today.

Last edited:

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
All good in Old Bridge. At work in NY city is a different story all together , my railroad is a mess. Total shutdown for metro north this morning as well as most transit . Gonna be a long day here today.
I saw NJ Transit on the news; unbelievable how the tracks and trains were hit.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Edison got like 10” of rain. We are ok no flooding but
It was crazy last night.

My roof tarps held fairly well, but got water in 2 ground level rooms- floors will have to be replaced - gravel drive washed out
Wife's car is probably a total loss since we got caught in a flashflood trying to get home last night. Luckily nobody was hurt. What an experience that was. A couple inches of water just swelled up in a moment. A few more seconds and we could have made it out of there. That's one way to be forced to get a new car I suppose.

We will see a report about a flock of chickens running wild soon.. lol

Thanks Goddess you guys are ok and didn’t get sick or anything else..

I saw NJ Transit on the news; unbelievable how the tracks and trains were hit.

We have sections of track buried under 10'of mud across all tracks for 30- 50 ' lengths . Poor track department will be banking cash for a while behind this one . US mechanical guys just get to rescue the disabled equipment they left littered around the rails today. We had trains with water to the ditch lights , roughly 4 'from grade .

We lost power around 10 last night. Didn't report it because we assumed someone else on our road would. Unfortunately, went out this morning and looked at the pole in front of our house and seen that the fuse on our transformer has popped. Everyone else on our street has power it is just isolated to our pole. Called JCPL and reported it but i am sure we are now at the bottom of the list. Will probably take days before someone comes out and flip the damn fuse on. At least we have a whole house generator going strong! Albeit at $5.00/gal. for propane. I don't really care one way or the other if I lose the tank. With all the price gouging with named corals, and the fact that every piece of equipment is fall apart junk, it would be a good time to get the hell out of the hobby anyway.

It's crazy all of you are dealing with that, meanwhile here in the W Long branch, area (right by the beach) we only had a little bit of rain. Not even that hard. And for a few hours

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
We lost power around 10 last night. Didn't report it because we assumed someone else on our road would. Unfortunately, went out this morning and looked at the pole in front of our house and seen that the fuse on our transformer has popped. Everyone else on our street has power it is just isolated to our pole. Called JCPL and reported it but i am sure we are now at the bottom of the list. Will probably take days before someone comes out and flip the damn fuse on. At least we have a whole house generator going strong! Albeit at $5.00/gal. for propane. I don't really care one way or the other if I lose the tank. With all the price gouging with named corals, and the fact that every piece of equipment is fall apart junk, it would be a good time to get the hell out of the hobby anyway.
Sorry to hear about the power failure.
Eventually you would be back; just like the rest of us.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
My basement got flooded last night, we got hit hard here in roselle. The water level was above my basement windows and pouring over and through them.

Was a nightmare, stood up pushing water into my sump till about 3am just waiting for the rain to stop