• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

everyone safe from the storm ?

I’m in Queens right now and and it’s crazy the amount of vehicles on the side of the road because got flooded last night . There was so much water

Yeah Mullica got hit hard from what I am seeing friends post on fb . Some crazy footage from the Bristol bridge area of the tornado there, not sure of it was same cell that got your area.

Us mechanical guys just get to rescue the disabled equipment they left littered around the rails today. We had trains with water to the ditch lights , roughly 4 'from grade .
Well just got home after a 17 hr day . Was only supposed to be 12 hr day today since we are shorthanded, but got stuck out there on rescue that developed at 5pm . Rolled the dice tonight ,it was a sketchy one fo sho! 20 years in and it might take the cake as to what we where tasked with . Couldt drive a greased bb you know where with a hydraulic ram I was clinched up so tight. Scary at times but my guys did great . Anyway home now and get to go back to city again in 5 hrs. Good times. Stay safe maybe I can see my reef tommorow .

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
good to hear everyone is OK. flooded basements and no power, but everyone is OK. read about some tragic events and lives lost, which is crazy when you think about it. my friends niece had to get rescued from wendys in rahway !! I couldn't believe it when I saw the video. had 2 others who live in Westchester area flood so bad the whole basement is destroyed. I think it's the first time our areas got hit and the shore didn't. usually it's the other way around. I have a small gen, but been thinking about doing a full house setup.

Go for the full house generator if you can possibly swing it. It's the single greatest home improvement that we've made. It cost about $10k for a unit that powers the whole house, but it was another $4k to get PSE&G to dig and lay down the pipe necessary to power it. It was also almost a 6 month wait to get them to do it.

In the 1.5 years that we've had it, the generator's probably turned on about a dozen times. It's only been anywhere from 15 minutes to an overnight power outage so far. But the peace of mind is immeasurable, especially after remembering the complete tank losses from Hurricane Sandy and the other storm a few years back (which caused weeklong power outages).