• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Experience with arrow crabs??

Does anyone have experience with arrow crabs. I'm planning on getting one, putting it in a little 5 gallon nano I have and feeding him bristle worms from my main tank . My question is.... how reef safe are they? Can I put him in my main tank temporarily at first, to kinda knock down the population, or will it threaten my fish and corals. Will it be easy to catch back out? Should I just stick to trapping them?

I had one in my frag tank and he never went after any fish. Just a warning though they get BIG so he isn't going to have any room to move around in a 5g tank.

Salted

NJRC Member
Unless the bristle worms are taking over I’d just leave them alone. Great sand sifters and consumers of detritus. If you still really want them gone a coral banded shrimp might be a better option.

Unless the bristle worms are taking over I’d just leave them alone. Great sand sifters and consumers of detritus. If you still really want them gone a coral banded shrimp might be a better option.

that is what I currently have in my tanks, they seem to be working well but anytime my 6 line goes near it the shrimp tries to catch him. Needless to say he never does lol.

I love them, added them from Indo-Pacific sea farms, but the tanks 3 years old and I feed with a shovel, with no mechanical filtration, so I like to treat all my little cleanup Crew like cheato. Keep them trimmed.

Salted

NJRC Member
I love them, added them from Indo-Pacific sea farms, but the tanks 3 years old and I feed with a shovel, with no mechanical filtration, so I like to treat all my little cleanup Crew like cheato. Keep them trimmed.
If you were closer I’d take some.