• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Experience with hydrogen peroxide dip?

I'm considering a hydrogen peroxide dip to save a zoa. Has anyone ever done one and was it successful, and what was your ratio?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

I had scrubbed a couple that had alot of algae growing on them with no ill affect. It was a 50/50 mix with rodi water. Rinsed in fresh rodi water and put back it the tank. Opened up next day.

It also depends on what is wrong with the zoa. Zoa pox can also cause them to not open, and the only way to save them from that is Furan II medication dips.

I dip mine with peroxide and tank water. All my zoas were stressed out but they recovered quickly and in better shape surprisingly. I recommend it because it worked wonders for me.

It also depends on what is wrong with the zoa. Zoa pox can also cause them to not open, and the only way to save them from that is Furan II medication dips.

It looks like something is eating away at the skin, like am infection. It doesn't look like smallpox from the pictures I can compare to, but at this point it's looking towards the end, they haven't opened in 2 week and are only getting darker.

I did a revive dip on Monday and I definitely got some good feed back on most of the zoas except the one mentioned, and I'm more at my last resort than anything.

Fyke,what's your ratio?

Karenvas2

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I have used to dip as well as to pue in tank to get rid of hair algea. My button polyp bit it but got rid of algea and everything else was fine.